Thursday, July 2, 2009

North Korea sends missiles

Last night as Derek was online he read a news head line about North Korea test firing more missiles. He was not reading it to us just happen to speak it out loud and then little ears heard it . We were not aware of this and did not think any thing of it. Last night as I was sleeping in came Elijah. Mommy , I am so scared. I had a dream about North Korea firing missiles at us. The Lord gave me the wisdom to pray a hedge of protection around him and for the Lord to give him peace. Thankfully God answered quickly and he fell sound asleep in my bed where he is still asleep. Maybe not all little American boys would be affected by hearing a simple news head line like this. But then again not all little American boys live a stone throw away from North Korea. This made me think that we need to be more cautious of what we speak out loud. We must guard their little hearts and minds. We must also guard our own. What we see, say, and hear does affect us. It is important what we fill our mind with. I need to make sure everyday I am filling my mind and theirs with the word of God.

I have not had the time to edit and post this. I started this early Friday morning and now it is Saturday . Since then we had one more eventful night. This time Samuel had bad dreams and woke up so scared. I prayed with him , but he was still scared and asked if I would get up and read the scriptures with him. I have been up every night this week with one of the kids and I was just exhausted , but would not say no to read the scriptures at anytime with my children. We first read in the Psalms. This is always a good place to go for comfort. We read Psalm 62. vs 5-8 really spoke to Samuel. "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah" He said, this helped him ,but he also wanted to read a little more. He was still afraid to go to sleep. We then turned to Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." These verses really helped and he said ,I know now I can go back to sleep. We are so blessed to be able to turn to the Scriptures any time we need to hear from God. The Word of God is living and has everything we need at anytime. What a blessing to be able to comfort my kids with the scriptures. Mothers in North Korea could lose their lives for this. Others all around the world have never seen or even heard the scriptures. I am reminded how I need to take every opportunity to train my children to turn to the Word of God. One day it could be taken from us, so we must fill our heads and hearts with it now.

1 comment:

  1. Pamela, We pray for you, Derek and the kids continually. I am so glad that you know and your kids know that our protection is in Christ. We love you!

    ReplyDelete